Sunday, October 2, 2016

Week 1: topic 2

Topic 2: Marketing in the news
Well we talked about this a little different in class than how it is described on the assignment, so here I go..
       The company I picked was Doughnut Time, it is actually located in Australia. On Instagram, I follow this famous fitness model Tammy Hembrow who is from Australia. She often posts outfits, makeup or gym clothes/ fitness foods to help market them to her 4.2 million followers. On her cheat days, she posts photos of these delicious and ridiculous doughnuts. Similar looking to Voodoo Doughnuts but in my opinion they look way better. anyways..
       Doughnut time! Since I didn't find out about this from an article, I had to google them to find a article about them. From July 4, 2016, Doughnut Time special edition doughnuts. They are a pretty comical company to come up with a design like that, it actually made me laugh because how realistic it looks!
      They do a excellent job of marketing on their Instagram from what I have seen. They post daily and when they post, they @ famous people and foodies so hopefully they will get noticed by them. Than if they get noticed, the famous person often reposts the photo they were tagged in. It is a great marketing strategy and seems to be working pretty great.
I think for food companies like that, it is pretty easy to get noticed world wide because their marketing is right there in their own product. If your food is rare, extraordinary and looks amazing, odds are that someone will take a photo of it and post it these days. Social media has definitely helped companies out without the companies even asking or paying for marketing or advertising, we do it for them!
     I love these company and I haven't even eaten there! Just their intricate doughnut designs are amazing to me. They also rotate their menu regularly, come up with different flavors & designs weekly. They also have many gluten free doughnut choices, which many people don't do. That helps them stand out even more!
     I learned that social media now in days is a HUGE marketing tool. Customers play a big roll in advertising and word of mouth for companies yet some places pay millions of dollars for advertising on the TV.. I think it is time for companies to start thinking about what screen they should be spending their advertising money on, because it isn't the TV anymore.

home page



















It is pretty crazy to see how many like Tammy Hembrow gets compared to the actual company. She is obviously getting a better out reach of advertising than the own company. Just from a single photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment